What happened to women being elegant? What happened to self respect? Call me old fashioned, but I still value these things. We need a lot more Kate Middletons in this Miley Cyrus world.
I know of a lot of people who look up to Miley though. It's really sad to see a person who is such a bad example to young girls be put up on a pedestal and applauded for her actions. I mean seriously, since when did doing drugs, having vulgar language, and acting out in a lewd way become something to look up to? It is utterly appalling.
There is just no excuse for acting that way. There is absolutely no reason for it, and saying "only God can judge us" is just code for hush up and let me willing sin in peace.
Miley Cyrus doesn't have an ounce of class. It only gets worse with all of the publicity she receives. It communicates to young people how it is okay to act in this vulgar way, because when you act this way you get attention. It really is a sick world we live in today.
However, in the midst of all of the horrible things we see from celebrities, we have Kate Middleton. Kate is the little glimmer of hope for women of today. She has carried herself like a lady with class from the very beginning. Kate doesn't feel the need to throw her body out for the world to devour. She realizes her value and, unlike Miley, knows how to present herself in a respectable way. A perfect example of a woman with class, and a woman without it.
Even though we have two extremely different women here, I think there are a few things we can learn from both.
Lessons we can learn from Ms. Cyrus:
1. Just because you have something doesn't mean you have to, or should, flaunt it. Yes, Miley is beautiful. However, she gives herself away for the world to chew up and spit back out. She doesn't respect herself enough to protect what she has. Miley has value just like every other girl in the world, but what she does with it is not something to look up to. Throwing your value out the window in order to gain attention and approval from the world is not the message we need to be sending young women.
2. What you give is what you get. If you give others trash, you will get trash in return. I think y'all are smart enough to figure out what I mean by this on your own.
3. Think beyond yourself and do NOT always live in the moment.
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation, and 5 minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." -Warren Buffett
Miley hasn't seemed to grasp this concept yet. Living in the moment 24/7 and being selfish has done a great deal of damage to her and her reputation. Your actions truly do speak louder than words. Don't be selfish and only live for yourself. There are millions of people around you. How are you impacting them? Are you being positive and encouraging? Are you loving others? Are you being a good witness for Christ? All of these things require you to think beyond the moment and beyond yourself. Think about how your actions will affect your personal life later on, but more importantly the lives of those around you. Are your actions causing damage to others? Don't be that person who is always being a hindrance.
Lessons we can learn from Kate Duchess of Cambridge:
1. Having class NEVER GETS OLD. Elegance, grace, and character will always be qualities to strive for. Kate Middleton is the perfect example of these things. You can tell she has self respect by the way she carries herself. A true lady has tact, manners, and high standards for herself and others around her. She is not afraid to stand up for what is right, and builds others up instead of tearing them down. If you strive to act like a lady, you really can't go wrong.
2. If you carry yourself like a princess, you will eventually find your prince. She didn't throw herself at every man who looked her way. She kept her standards high until she found her prince. Who is a better example than her? She honestly did just that. Like in point one, she acted like a lady, and her prince (Prince William) came along! If that isn't a good enough example, then I don't know what is.
3. The way you dress speaks about the quality of your character. Kate Middleton's choice of dress is always very classy, modest, feminine, and lady-like. It reflects her good character! She doesn't need to flash her body to the world to get attention. Rather than representing herself in a repulsive manner in order to gain attention, Kate is reserved and lets her genuine values and personality speak for itself. The way she presents herself in the face of the media is a testament to what kind of person she is.
So, you tell me. Which one are you going to be like?
I think the choice is clear, and if it is not crystal clear by now here's a hint.